Music Banter - View Single Post - Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
To be fair, it's perfectly alright to not like a band, as long as you're not a douche about it.I don't dig 'em, but I can see why some people might, and totally respect that.
Yeah, it is fine to not like the band, I've got no issue with the people that are open about not liking the band but are also not dicks about it. Those people are good in my book. It's the ones that trash the band just to get a rise from someone that annoy me.

Funny thing is that some of those people are closet listeners. So I could always throw that in their face to see how creative they get when they deny it.

Nobody should be hazed or given a hard time because of their music choices. It's sort of pathetic that I even see it here on this forum. If people want to say they can't stand a band someone listens to. Why is it so hard to do it in a respectable manner?

My favorite band is 30 Seconds To Mars, and I could give a sh*t less if people think that band is horesh*t. I don't listen to them because I think they're the best band on Earth, I've got other reasons why I say they're my favorite band. But I won't hide it. I've got a tattoo of the band on my forearm.

If someone said Nickelback was their favorite band. I'd laugh to myself about it. But I wouldn't make them feel bad about it or ashamed of it either. Not a cool thing to do to anyone.