Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #424 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. Of course everyone's views on specific issues constantly change - I'm talking about your broader philosophy/ideology: that is, your values and the values of policy you like, and the framework through which you evaluate more specific, more real policy issues. This test tries to measure both specifics and broader philosophy, and I don't know whether that's really necessary.
I was somewhere in my late teens/early twenties when I realized just how full of **** my political views were. I knew my views would continue to evolve, but I thought that I had at least figured out the "important part" that all my subsequent political views would develop around. I was in my mid/late twenties when I realized I was just as, if not more full of **** then I was in my teens. I pretty much discarded my entire political viewpoint like so much garbage.

Now I don't bother trying to figure out some kind of "philosophy/ideology", because it's stupid to think that a hairless ape who just figured out how to make fire knows anything about how economics or bureaucracy or foreign policy should be conducted, let alone that it should be able to come up with some overarching system to interpret such matters on a wider scale.

It's why I think political punk is usually obnoxious and self-indulgent.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote