Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #428 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
but atm humans are the most intelligent thing on the planet, so i don't doubt our ability to solve complex economic & technological problems, such as designing the robots that will eventually bring our demise (assuming we don't nuclear war or global warming ourselves to death first)
Any progress the human race has made has generally been in spite of the common man. Was it public discourse among cobblers and farm hands that gave us the US Constitution? No. It was rich, highly educated people who already knew how to govern, probably praying to whatever god they may or may not have believed in that their cretinous constituents wouldn't ruin all their hard work.

And yet, with all of their brilliance, a mere two hundred years later our democracy has become an impotent joke because of said cretins. Occasionally we manage to elect somebody -- through some happy accident -- who kind of knows what they're doing, or at least has a few good ideas that they can manage to implement, but for the most part, the American public continues to prove that they have no business being listened to.

If we can figure out a way to make some kind of constitutional aristocracy like the Roman Republic work, then I'd be all for it. Those rich, educated folk might still be ****ups, but at least they know how actually find Afghanistan on a map.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote