Music Banter - View Single Post - Whatever would Doctor King have said? Police brutality in the 21st century
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #57 (permalink)
Nameless
Fat girls in yoga pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
That statement implied that white people are mostly killed by police and that is not true.

Your thought could have been articulated better.

And likewise you minimizing the issue of race in this issue is just as ridiculous. Again, I never implied that was the ONLY factor that is rooted in police brutality. I have discussed other things as well.
I mean by blank numbers from the data available most people killed by police are white, just to try and point out to you that this is an issue for everyone, not just black people. How is me not making this primarily about race ridiculous? There is no solution in "this is racism". That's just blame. To solve the problem you have to address the central issue which is excessive use of force, not racism. I never implied that you implied that race was the only factor, it's just practically all you are talking about. We haven't even been able to get to any discussion of what could or should be done because you keep talking about white privilege lol. I am not "minimizing" the issue of race, I am saying it is useless to harp on it because any solution to this would need to be for everyone.
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote