Music Banter - View Single Post - Whatever would Doctor King have said? Police brutality in the 21st century
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #124 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

JWB I honestly don't get how you can say what you say about "acting in a certain way" or whatever you said. Vis a vis the most recent episode, the guy ran away from the car. Now that's suspicious certainly but is there nothing in the police's minds these days other than shoot that ****er? Do they even think about doing anything else? Call for backup? Chase him? Fire in the air? No: this guy shot the fleeing black man EIGHT TIMES! Yeah he's being charged with murder as he should be, but again I say this is only because there is irrefutable evidence that can't be swept under the carpet or hushed up. If they could you can bet they would have.

So is the prevailing attitude now, if in doubt, shoot? If black, shoot?

Also, as to the examples of white guys being killed by cops, I never said it didn't happen, but it happens with far less frequency than it seems to to black men. There's definitely a pattern. I may be incredibly naive, but how can a country which elected a black man president for the first time in history allow and condone this? Is nobody putting down guidelines, warning cops, making them go to "re-education classes" or something? Just hoping it will stop? It won't. It seems to be ingrained in the MO now and it'll just keep happening.