Music Banter - View Single Post - Whatever would Doctor King have said? Police brutality in the 21st century
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:00 AM   #160 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What in hell is going on? Now we have yet another black man shot down, unarmed, for no other reason than that he ran away when stopped by a cop! And not a warning shot either: EIGHT shots, and he was killed. And then the cop (white of course) tries to cover by pretending the guy stole his taser? How is he supposed to have done this when the man ran directly from his car, away from the officer and was shot down at range

Okay, so the cop is being charged with murder --- probably only because he was caught on video and the powers that be have no choice --- but will he be convicted? Every other week there seems to be some trigger-happy cop looking for an excuse to gun down a black guy. I'm not saying every cop is like this of course, but you have to wonder, with these incidents on the increase, do cops not think before they shoot? Like, there is no other way that cop could have halted his quarry's escape other than to shoot him dead? What happened to the Civil Rights Law? Are we living in the 50s again?

Comments?

I've said this before, here in the police brutality thread, and I'll say it again. THERE IS SO MUCH DOCUMENTATION WHEN A COP DRAWS THEIR WEAPON. TH this isn't a nation where cops just gun people down in the street like animals. And the cases that do actually legitimately do happen are splashed all over the news so that it looks like it's Rodney King day all day every day. That aint the case man.

As for Dr King, well I think you are asking the wrong question. If you look at the state of black culture from the 60's til now, you will find quite the down grade from how my grandparents behaved and how the youngsters behave now. And that is SAD. Id ask him how he feels about that! You have people killing each other over 2 sq inches of street. For every action there is a reaction, and the reaction for these actions is **** like this. Black folks cannot blame law enforcement entirely, it takes two to tango and if you are running through a city park shooting in a cross walk don't expect that you don't get blasted. Quite frankly I find myself embarrassed at some of the things black people do, it enrages me. Because if you continue to act like an ******* you can't say **** when someone hollers ******. You are reinforcing a stereotype in the minds of people that already may have a slight leaning to racism. And instead of 'my community' looking to better themselves, and stop these kinds of things from happening, in a manner that would make MLK proud, we behave the opposite way and expect to hang his name on atrocities that he didn't stand for in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.

Last edited by RoxyRollah; 04-20-2015 at 09:22 AM.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote