Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #289 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
I do. But mostly I agree with his sentiment that liberals and atheists tend to stick to this dogmatic talking point that all religions are equally dangerous, and that western liberals have a tendency to tread much more lightly with Islam than they do with Christianity out of fear of coming across as bigoted. I think that's part of why he deals with Islam so roughly.

Tbh I don't agree completely with his views on Islam. I think he exaggerates the threat and glosses over some of the nuances when dealing with the motivations of extremists. I just have sat and watched the islamaphobia term cast at any one who criticizes Islam for years now and it's left a sour taste on my mouth.
So basically we saw the same ****ing things, you *******. Like I said, it's not so much the rhetoric that I necessarily disagree with. It's the tone. Of course, it could be like you say, that he's just drawing attention to Islam, but then that kind of makes him like Rush Limbaugh banging the drum against the liberal threat.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote