Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 Presidential Race Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Cottonmouth Marco.

i didn't see whatever it is you're referencing, but it seems like he had some sort of political gaffe. i don't understand why americans are so fickle that if someone slips up or has an awkward moment on tv they're instantly discredited. sort of like what happened to dean howard in 2004. really reinforces our public image as a nation of reality-tv and celebrity obsessed retards, imo.

but in general would you disagree that rubio is a pretty intelligent and articulate speaker? and he's got a sort of youthful energy to him that a lot of republicans seem to be lacking. just from an image perspective i could see him being molded into a formidable candidate. i know very little about his actual politics, tbh. i used to follow this **** more closely but these days it all really seems like such a big cluster**** of pageantry that i can't really be bothered to maintain an active interest in it. don't even know if i'll end up watching any of the debates.

i'm usually into that sort of thing as i love a good argument, but lately i've been finding mainstream american political arguments less and less interesting. i'd be way more interested if we had some more variety to choose from. throw up a fascist and a communist and perhaps a far-right christian theocrat (a legit one, not the republicans watered down version like bachmann & co) and then i'll be tuned in for sure. but democrat vs republican has just gotten to be so... boring.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote