Music Banter - View Single Post - Male Gender Roles and How They Specifically Affect Men
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 03:37 AM   #60 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

So, my darling are you stating that you don't buy into the traditional hobbies of a man therefore making you for lack of a better term "a girly man"...(By societies standards of course.)

Because if that was the intent of the op then I say this in response.

I have never thought that liking sports, not asking for directions, or chopping down trees while wearing flannel and rocking a beard makes a guy manly. Those are just interests, occupations, stubbornness, and or hobbies. I have always thought that what makes a man a man is, how he takes care of his family, (traditional or otherwise.) his ability to take responsibility for mistakes, knowing when he's wrong and being able to admit it. And the ability to protect his and his own. That's what man is to me. I dunno, society has carved out the blue print of how a man 'should' act while attaching it's own ideas as to what hobbies should go along with it. Do I think it's right? Meh... But I have known plenty of guys that don't fit the normal mold of manhood, but I wouldn't dare suggest that they are less of a man then those that do, because these men, '' des girly men" are some bad motha****as and they don't need traditonal gender roles to prove it. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote