Music Banter - View Single Post - How does your garden grow?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
I've got a bird bath, the birds don't visit as much any more because of the cat but there is one fat pigeon that constantly splashes the water around and scares the doves and tits away, fat twat.

Seriously this pigeon is massive.

Probably post pics of the garden when I can be bothered.
Jesus! Tits are hard enough to attract without some bastard pigeon scaring the women away! Mind you, we have pigeons that do the same. ****er can't get onto the perch for the feeders in the picture, but can stand on the water bowl which just lifts him up enough to get his beak into the hole. Once one figured it out, they all do it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
We have a nice patio adjacent to the golf course complete with a killer lemon tree. I'd plant herbs but I think the dogs would just end up eating them.
A killer lemon tree? ****! Have you told the cops? Probably scared it will murder you, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Ive planted some pot in the window box my neighbour uses for her tomatoes.
Hopefully shes none the wiser. This was about two weeks ago....Well see.

Other than that its Palm trees yet there is always a lawn crew there 6 out of 7 days.Couldnt tell you what they do...Except wake me up on my mornings off.
Hoping to grow stoned tomatoes eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Shouldn't a post in a thread about gardens (that you created in the first place) show pics of actual gardens? All I see is a strip of untended weeds.

If I had a real camera, I'd post pics of my yard. My mom is bit of a gardening freak, and so our front yard is actually kind of impressive, especially now that it's Spring. The very front and one spot in the middle, is lined with crapemyrtle trees, and for about a week in the Spring or Summer or whenever, our front yard just has this vibrant curtain of bright pink that makes all the other yards around us look like ****. I'm not a flower lover by any means, but even I think it looks beautiful at that time of year.

Our backyard is less maintained, largely because we've always had large dogs with access to it that have kind of made gardening almost impossible. There's a strip of garden around part of the backyard that's protected by wire fencing, but that's mostly small trees and high bushes for privacy's sake.
Hey, you should have seen it before the extension was built! I'm surprised nobody dumped a dead body there, thinking it was waste ground. We had an old fridge lying against the wall (the other side, the wall you see was not built at that time), a pile of wood and stones and rubbish in both corners, huge spiny bushes that would eat you if you went near them ... compared to that, my garden today is a paradise!