Music Banter - View Single Post - Policing Debate (Moved from the Confessional Thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #81 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You sound like you're confusing Al Qaeda with the Taliban. Al Qaeda was a multinational network, lead by a billionaire, which engaged in aggression in numerous countries around the globe.
nah, i'm aware of this, but al qaeda at the time had their base under taliban rule. previous to that they had their base in sudan. and now there are a slew of "aq affiliated" terror agencies that are a global nuisance but not a geopolitical obstacle on par with saddam's iraq or the current iranian regime. IS comes the closest... but IS only exists in the power vacuum that was created by the dismantling of saddam's regime.

edit - if you're critiquing my wording in calling them goat ****ing peasants, i did think twice about that. but the imagery was inflammatory/humorous enough to me that i decided to leave it in. plus, despite being rich as **** they basically took on that simplistic lifestyle out of religious dedication.

Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 05-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote