Music Banter - View Single Post - 70s forgotten AOR bands/artist?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Musicwhore A-Z
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
This thread is dedicated to the bands and artists from the 70s that are rarely ever mentioned and may seem to have fallen off into obscurity.

One of my favorite bands during the 70s was Bad Company for example, you rarely ever hear any mention of them these days. They were one of the more popular blues rock bands here in the northeastern United States during the 70s era.
It would have been nice if they had made a comeback with the same success during the 80's like Areosmith did with the album's Permanent Vacation and Pump.

One of my favorite Bad Company albums, and their best attempt at a comeback was with their (1990) album Holy Water which included a different lead singer (Brian Howe). They made a few other attempts with a different singer as well, but none of those really worked out at all. They all sounded like a cheap generic version of Paul Rodgers himself.
I can't believe I missed this thread. 'Necromancer', I have to disagree with your assessment of Bad Company. They still receive heavy airplay on classic rock radio today. Rightly so. Then again, perhaps it does depend on where one lives. As long as I've been buying music ( 33 years ) though, I can honestly say that the music of Bad Company has NEVER left the airwaves. I'd hardly call that a band that has been "forgotten" or "fallen into obscurity". I do think they're criminally underrated though in the bigger picture. But I digress.

On this point though, it does take me back to August 1999, something I wrote about on another site last week, funny enough. The original Bad Company ( Burrell, Kirke, Ralphs, and Rodgers ) reunited that summer for a U.S. tour. Much to my surprise, the venue was 75% EMPTY (... ) ! Furthermore, reserved seat tickets were reduced to $6.00 from $35.00 the day before if I recall correctly. Sadly, only about 4000 people showed up ( out of 19000 capacity ), if that. Still, one of the BEST shows I've seen to this day. I firmly believe people are now kicking themselves for staying away. Frankly, they should be! Again, I digress ( ). Great thread, too bad I didn't see it a year ago ( ) !
Musicwhore A-Z is offline   Reply With Quote