Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest sportsmen of all time?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
To Goofle and Monkeytennis,

Did Messi win the World Cup almost single handedly? No he didn't, he disappeared didn't he, he's never won a World Cup and i doubt he ever will. Maradona won the 1986 World Cup for Argentina with the most impressive and explosive WC performances in modern history. Did Messi leave Barca and join a small unfashionable club in Italy that had never won the Italian title and lead them to the Italian League title? No, he hasnt has he..
Absolutely spot on, yeah agreed. I want to see Messi win the World Cup on his own too. I'm talking literally on his own. I don't even want to see him pass to another player. He's got to do it all totally by himself.

Then I want to see him do 'it' (whatever that means) as rain falls down on a day between Monday and Friday in temperatures ranging between -5 and 5 degrees against world class ball throwers like Ryan Shawcross in Stoke-on-Trent.

Then - and only then - will he be the greatest ever.

Quote:
So, if a player hasnt scored as many goals as Messi they're not as good as him is that what you're saying? By that reasoning any player that has scored more than him is better than him? All midfielders and defenders that don't score a lot of goals are never going to be as good as him? Its all just about goals is it?
They're not as good as him because he's three world class players rolled into one. He dribbles like the best winger in the world, passes like the best playmaker in the world and finishes like the best striker in the world. The statistics all back this up as well.

The fact he's been doing this for the best part of a decade as well, nobody in the modern era (90s onward) has reached this level of performance and consistency. Ronaldo comes close with the numbers but that's about it.

Quote:
I hope neither of you take this the wrong way, but i have to say it. I obviously understand the game of Football/Soccer on a much deeper level than either of you, can I suggest you both try and open your minds a little or in Goofles case a lot, and study the game. Don't use Sky TV as a study aid, that would be like asking a 9 year old with obvious learning difficulties to help you revise for your mathematics degree exam.

Please Nurse Duckett, educate us. Bless us with your infinite and unquestionable wisdom on this fine sport. I beg that you shower us with your wealth of knowledge and understanding, lead us from the dark of the ignorant to the all encompassing glow of the enlightened.

We will become not only more educated individuals, but better human beings as well.

Please.

Quote:
ps Bergkamp was twice the player Messi will ever be, if Goofle was half the Arsenal fan he pretends to be he'd already know this, he was better at everything than Messi. Thierry Henry said that Bergkamp was the best player he ever played with, and remember Henry was at Barca with Messi! Which opinion carries the most weight, your Messi scored more therefore hes better or Henrys professional opinion?
Yeah it wouldn't be like a footballer to talk shit would it.

Quote:
pps. I'd bet my left bollock that you two will be saying Neymars the best player ever within the next 5 years, because thats what Sky TV will be telling you to say. You'll probably both deny this today, but that's only because Sky haven't brainwashed you both yet, they will, just like they have about Messi.
I doubt it. My opinion on Neymar is well known on here. I've been saying for quite a while I don't think he's world class yet (starting to reach that level now though), even before the World Cup I was saying he wasn't there yet and Brazil were gonna get smashed.

btw I don't have Sky and all the La Liga I watch is on an American channel.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote