Music Banter - View Single Post - Three Metal bands you could not live without
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

Sigh: My favourite band, they've got a great amount of variety in their discography and could pretty much always satisfy my Avant-garde Metal itch.

Blind Guardian: Another favourite of course, and would do the job of satisfying my need for melodic/harmonious/consonant Metal in that they're Power Metal, and excellent Power Metal at that with their own decent amount of variety.

Necrophagia: These guys wouldn't always be in my top three, but I've been liking them a lot recently, and I feel they would satisfy my need for Extreme Metal pretty well for a while, though I don't think they could really make up for the lack of many dozens of other Extreme Metal bands, I feel each of those other bands couldn't do much better on their own in satisfying my taste due to none of them really encompassing all of what I look for in extreme metal either, and none of which I would consider "the definitive" Extreme Metal band, so Necrophagia would do just as well as all of the other ones individually. Anyways, I think Necrophagia would be good for their really awesome mid-80's demos, their first two classic 80's Proto-Death Metal albums, their groovier work for varieties sake, those three great EPs they released in the early-mid 00's, the more brutal 2011 release they did, and their most recent, very solid release. Also, that many of those releases have different feels to them, and all of their work tends to have quite interesting, somewhat unique atmospheres which focuses on cool Horror Movie/Occult themes often very well, which has made them one of my favourite Death Metal bands.
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote