Music Banter - View Single Post - guns
Thread: guns
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
This is how it works in California.
what about maintaining proof of possession of that gun periodically... the way i said?

and if that's what they do as well then where's the security weak point in this system which allows legally purchased guns to nonetheless be leaked onto the black market. or does that not happen in california?

Quote:
But all you have is the bullet. Without the gun it's impossible to trace other than the caliber.
i thought each gun has a unique ballistics fingerprint... i admittedly don't know much about it but yea... somebody with forensics/ballistics knowledge feel free to weigh in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_fingerprinting

Quote:
Biggest problem is that long ago the decision was made to let each state decide individually on their own gun laws. The wild wild west states would never agree to a national registry at this point. Any politician from those states running on that idea would lose by a landslide.
alright well for the moment let's set aside what is politically feasible and focus more on what is logistically feasible, if you don't mind.

i'm aware of the limited political potential for such a program to actually be adopted. but what i'm more interested in discussing whether such an idea, if implemented in the way i've explained, would work to address the problem of illegal arms and to what extent.

and if not, then i'd like it if people would give some reasoning and explain how they would circumvent the system, and then maybe i could try to think of ways to stop them from circumventing it, etc

basically i'm more concerned with the logistical issues than with the campaign to sway public opinion.. tbh i'd be fine with a more autocratic state that just implemented such a system without vying for public consent... but that's a different topic for the last 3 democracy threads that nobody ever seems interested in responding to

Quote:
So much this.
can somebody explain why though? cause just saying "won't work" is not much fun

Quote:
It is.
i bet... when i get more disposable income i'll probably get one... something old school and gangster like a revolver. i mostly just want to shoot inanimate objects... not that concerned about fighting off criminals or whatever.

i bet this is even more fun though

John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote