Music Banter - View Single Post - guns
Thread: guns
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
what about maintaining proof of possession of that gun periodically... the way i said?
It's a great idea in concept but it wouldn't fly. So the date comes around and the gun owner doesn't show up. What happens then? Police go knocking on peoples doors and arresting them? Or forcibly taking their guns away? The huge klaxon horn at the NRA headquarters just started blaring.

Quote:
i thought each gun has a unique ballistics fingerprint... i admittedly don't know much about it but yea... somebody with forensics/ballistics knowledge feel free to weigh in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_fingerprinting
Ok, I get what you are saying now. Suppose this could work.

Quote:
can somebody explain why though? cause just saying "won't work" is not much fun
Logistics and the fact there's already billions of unregistered guns out there. And again, this simply would never see the light of day in the US.

Quote:
i bet... when i get more disposable income i'll probably get one... something old school and gangster like a revolver.
Nah, go with a semi-automatic pistol that can hold upwards of 15 rounds.

In CA we can only use 10 round mags. Really cool to quickly blow off a large number of shots and it's really quick to swap out mags. Barrel guns hold either 5 or 6 rounds and are a bit of a pain to reload relatively speaking.

Get a glock and one of these:

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote