Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I pretty much know jack **** about Reagan. All I know is the jerkoff fest I hear from conservative types, and the liberals' claims that whatever good he did for the economy helped no one below a certain economic level.
Medium to wealthy conservatives love the guy cause he did everything possible to bloat their piggy banks including cutting taxes for people over a certain income level while raising taxes on anyone below the same level. Poor conservatives love the guy cause they saw nothing but a bible thumping, gay hating, gun toting, square jawed movie star.

The dude gutted Social Security resulting in massive tax hikes (but not for the rich). He ignored AIDS against the wishes of his health officials while it was raging across the country. During his tenure the National debt tripled. We can pretty much thank him for setting up the middle east terrorist network, since his administration bankrolled their start-up with arms and money. And he put the pedal to the metal on the whole war on drugs, again at the expense of mostly lower wage workers.

EDIT: And worst of all, his policies were pretty much responsible for the whole Yuppie thing.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 06-24-2015 at 09:37 AM.