Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
I would argue that DJ's are the biggest part of electronic culture, particularly the ones pulling in million dollar salaries, Skrillex,Calvin Harris ect)

The electronic underground will always be filled with good artists, the problem happens when you get artists without musical talent (Rihanna) relying on some producer to sample a beat for her, because she is incapable of composing her own work. Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with the process.

Anyways I made my point. I don't hate electronic music, I love it, but I hate it when samples are applied to manufactured pop artists who can't produce their own music, because it makes for very, very, bad pop music.
My point was that the great underground artists can use that same method that Rihanna uses to create some brilliant music. I don't think that it's the creation method itself that makes bad music, it's just that very palatable music (as far as the general public goes) using those methods can create bad music. Do you think that if Rihanna (or her songwriters) switched to non-electronic methods of composition, the music would become better? I really don't see that happening tbh.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote