Music Banter - View Single Post - U.S. Supreme Court legalizes nationwide gay marriage
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #447 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Erin"s Trans Glossary

How many sources do I have to show you?
Yeah obviously they are forms of gender expression but what does that to do with being transgendered? Being transgendered is literally "I feel like a woman even though I have a penis." Being trasngender is about dysphoria and feeling that the body you have been given and what you identify as, psychologically are not in alignment. That has nothing to do with drag. Some people use drag as an outlet for that before transitioning, but a drag queen, by definition, is not transgender.

I'm not transgendered because I perform in drag. I identify as male. Performing in drag has nothing to do with my gender. It is an expression and a statement about gender, but so is wearing nail polish, makeup, etc. Wearing dresses and makeup and heels and pads and fake breasts and tucking your penis has literally nothing to do with what you psychologically identify with. Fashion and appearance aesthetics are social constructs that only have the connotations we arbitrarily place upon them. I know very very very few drag queens who identify as anything but male. They just want to be fabulous and express themselves artistically.
grtwhtgrvty is offline   Reply With Quote