Music Banter - View Single Post - Cheesy Repetitive new "ROCK" bands
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

trying to make sure I'm listening to the right music has no bearing whatsoever in what I listen to. It did when I was a misguided little punk and listened to rap 24/7 trying to be a badass and fit in and be cool and all. Now that I listen to mostly Classic Rock most peers my age look at me weird and think its strange and everything, but I listen to what sounds good to me nowadays, and Classic rock does just that. I'm sorry that modern music for the most part, there are exceptions of course, just doesnt appeal much at all to me. Another factor in this is that about 3 years ago I got a guitar starter pack for a christmas present, and have been playin since then and obviously rap has no guitar worth a **** to listen to, and modern music lacks for the most part those great riffs, solos, and progressions that are so important to my playing. Don't worry, I have moved on from the starter guitar I got, I hated that POS squire strat cheap ass thing, I thoroughly enjoyed bashing it and moving on to my much cherished les paul (the epi version, I'm not made of money enought to get a gibson)...
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"