Music Banter - View Single Post - pc issue of the day pt. 4:33 isn't music
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #133 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
That doesn't have anything to do with the art though. I mean, Jim Carrey still had some funny movies and I wouldn't doubt him if he said he was trying to be funny in the other ones. He's still a lame anti-vaxxer.
Whatever, Trollheart.

Quote:
Generally people are aware of their thoughts when they create something from scratch, so I'm going to go on taking them at their word when they describe their intentions.
Generally people also are full of **** in some form or another, so I don't see why I shouldn't question them.

Quote:
That's not to mention that dictating what art isn't is far more pretentious than anything that's attempting to challenge those preconceived notions.
On this forum, your position seems to the conventional one, so I'm the iconoclast here . And from what I can see, a lot of people hold your point of view, not so much because they actually believe it, but because they don't want to be seen as the kind of person who doesn't "get art". Which is pretty pretentious.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote