Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Favorite Quotes!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

"I would challenge anyone here to think of a question upon which we once had a scientific answer, however inadequate, but for which now the best answer is a religious one. Now, you can think of an uncountable number of questions that run the other way, where we once had a religious answer and now the authority of religion has been battered and nullified by science, and by moral progress, and by secular progress generally. And I think that’s not an accident." -- Sam Harris

"Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to drown His own?" -- Robert G. Ingersoll

"If god doesn't like the way I live, Let him tell me, not you." -- Unknown

"If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" "No, not if you did not know." "Then why did you tell me?" -- Annie Dillard, 'Pilgrim at Tinker Creek'

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions." -- Frater Ravus

"'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'" -- Douglas Adams

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote