Music Banter - View Single Post - confederate flag debate
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #94 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Holy **** you put a lot of effort into that response for an offhand comment.

Those definitions dont do common usage (ime) justice
I don't think edgy is synonyms with offensive. It probably has a lot of overlap, but the main thing is that you do things considered socially unacceptable because you want to convey an image that you don't give a **** what anyone thinks. (Not you personally, you the plural).
it sounded like a question to me... i tried my best to answer it clearly... it's not like it's the first time its come up and frankly i'd rather be talking about the issue the thread was about too but you (the collective you, not you personally) seem that you would rather discuss my edginess, hence i tried to address it

as for your definition... i would say that seems to sum up how some people see me, based on their comments.. i try to combat that image to some extent by compromising or clarifying here and there

because clearly i care what people think. i never claimed not to.

example: when i said ***got and people freaked out... i compromised by agreeing not to use that word anymore (except in reference to the word itself). even though i honestly don't see much wrong with using it in the way i used it. and most of the people i know irl see it more the way i see it than the way you guys see it. but i compromised to appease people anyway. if what i wanted to do was offend you guys then i would just keep saying that word and try to act as homophobic as possible.

instead i say things that i would think are so clearly over the top and silly that you should know i am not being serious about it... like jews/illuminati/change the country's flag to the confed battle flag/whatever... cause that's my humor.

you might say "we dont like your humor"

alright you don't like my humor

that doesn't mean i'm trying to offend you. like i said i thought this thread was pretty tame
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote