Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #272 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
They've been speaking out non-stop for eons. They don't need "a time".
of course the progressive narrative is that they're dumb for not competing for the hispanic vote an instead exploiting xenophobic/nationalist sentiments.. because that is the agenda progressives/liberals have and so it is a useful piece of rhetoric to criticize your opponents for not complying with your ideological agenda.

but consider the idea that maybe their stance on this issue is important to them. perhaps, even politically necessary for them, pragmatically speaking. because reversing their image overnight doesn't seem plausible to them. if that is the case, then they would be correct in trying to act now, in my opinion. because it's basically now or never.

disclaimer: i am not endorsing their opinion on immigration. i regard it as important for the sake of our economy that we not revert to isolationism just to preserve the current political demographics. but politicians on both sides seek to shape the demographic boundaries of their districts in their favor... and i would say that it's strategically sound for them to do so.