Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
neardeathexperience
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyMadeFour64 View Post
Roll up for the Mystery Tour!

Recently, I made a post on why Sgt. Pepper is not my favorite album by the Beatles. This is one of the reasons. Magical Mystery Tour is probably my 2nd favorite album by The Beatles. It has amazing psychedelic songs and a lot of good instrumentation.

Songs like Fool on the Hill, Hello Goodbye, and even Penny Lane are songs I will never forget. There are songs you could skip like Flying or Baby You're A Rich Man, but those are very good as well.

You can really pick up a lot of guitar on this album. On the song Flying, the guitar intro is so amazing.

Is it the best album by The Beatles? Not at all. White Album or even Rubber Soul are better than this but this is just a preference. I have a soft spot for psychedelic music.

8/10
Just because you put a bunch of stars and rainbow colours on a album cover it does not make it psychedelic album.......The album was thrown together with some songs that originally came out as 45s. Penny Lane, Truth be told there are very few psychedelic songs on the album in my opinion........
neardeathexperience is offline   Reply With Quote