Music Banter - View Single Post - Cops vs Black People Round IV: Turnsignalgate
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #82 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

depends on what kind of pill tbh

but nah i'm not particularly grouchy... just naturally argumentative.. and reluctant to type what i am about to type because i figure you will simply dismiss it, as per usual

but i thought just bolding that line of yours would make it self evident how silly it is... i guess not? either way, my criticism/mockery of you in this case was for thinking that you somehow engage in politics without being affected/guided by the pundits/intellectuals/polemics that generally shape the nature of the mainstream political discourse.. i wasn't accusing you in this case of being any more indoctrinated than i am

either way, i'll take the criticism that i go on about the media a lot. but if we can agree that the media constructs narratives to push a certain ideological agenda, then nothing i am saying about the media is without merit.

if i were to point out fox new's propaganda tactics, as is common for liberals to do, then i doubt that would arouse any sort of controversy from anyone on the left. it's more or less universally acknowledged that fox news is a mouthpiece for the republican party.

but for some reason, whenever you bring up the liberal media and pop culture, and their methods of propagandizing and persuasion, people scoff and look at you like you're some alex jones listening tin foil conspiracy head, or a die hard right wing rush limbaugh fan or something like that.

it seems to me that many leftists (not all) are utterly incapable of being self-critical towards their own camp and are only ever interested in slinging mud at people on the other side of the isle. the same is true for many right wingers, of course, but i focus more on leftists because right wingers seem to be few and far between around here.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote