Music Banter - View Single Post - Ke$ha Rules!!!
Thread: Ke$ha Rules!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #63 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're not supposed to take her seriously, you numb nut. She's self consciously ridiculous. You're just supposed to sing along to it in your car when nobody's looking.

And she makes far better and more consistent pop music than pretty much all of her contemporaries, and her trashy-party-girl-to-the-nth-degree, white girl pseudo-rapping persona is a style all her own. I love that bitch.

Edit: Tell me this isn't the most gloriously awful yet catchy thing you've ever heard.

Nah, I just don't hear anything special man. I'm bored haha. She makes top 40 music, it's the same ****, even if it's better like you claim her music is than most of it. I'd prefer Lady Gaga over Ke$ha any day of the year, and I'm not even a fan of Lady Gaga.

Catchy doesn't make up for awful by the way. Something you need to eventually come to terms with about me is that I can't listen to something that lyrically is so nonsensical and plain awful, that my head hurts. I can't take Ke$ha seriously for that one reason, among many others about her. She doesn't even try because what she does put out is popular among music listeners, so it makes her money, it sells her records. She doesn't have to put in what I think is a whole lot of effort. She could put out a song of her just grunting or making noises in general to a catchy beat, and it'd sell millions on iTunes as a single. That's how ridiculous things are right now. The music I like can't be so simple in formula like what Ke$ha makes man, Linkin Park is about as simple as I'll go.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 07-28-2015 at 10:23 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote