Music Banter - View Single Post - Any baseball fans?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #281 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Ughhhh the Cardinals are killing me with the injuries. The four best outfielders on the team are all hurt (although Heyward is day-to-day and will only miss probably one more game), plus the starting first-baseman, and two relievers and the ace are pretty much out for the season.

Honestly the bullpen seems like they've got things under control, but it's just not a large group of players and Matheny's using them - Maness, Siegrist, Rosenthal, Choate - a lot. I really worry that they're all going to stop performing right before the playoffs. I think the Moss deal was solid (I don't love what the Cards gave up but can't stand the idea of Mark Reynolds starting every day), but with all these outfielders out, it's sort of not working quite the way it was supposed to. All those outfielders (with the exception of Jon Jay) were also the ones behind our offensive production - so now we're left with basically Jhonny Peralta, Matt Carpenter, and, uh, Stephen Piscotty, who's hitting really well but will slow down. So, you know, hopefully the half-there starting lineup can hit Matt Cain tonight - at least it's not, like, Bumgarner or someone.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote