Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #30682 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
so as many of you know i love Disneyland.....and last year i went to Disney world to do a ten mile run....i met up with Roxy and DJ and ran 10 miles in just under 2 hours without training at all.....it triggered something in my brain that made me decide....i like running

This year i decided to do the Dumbo Double Dare....a 19.3 mile run over two days....basically a 10k on Saturday and a Half marathon on Sunday.....i

i was a little disappointed with my 10k....i got a little confused with the corral placement and went to one two places back from my pacing...so my first mile took over 12 minutes because i was running through people who were pacing much slower than i.....i finished the 10 k in 57 minutes and 21 seconds

i reali9zed my mistake and decided the next morning that i was going to really beat my best time for a half

i showed up early and started the run with people who were there to run at my pace.....and I KILLED IT! i finished 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 58 minutes and 12 seconds! and had an absolute blast doing it

i want to thank both WWWP (is that even right?) and Fred Sale Sr. for being apart of this amazing week.....WWWP and her boys stopped in Reno the night of my vacation beginning and had dinner with me....and Fred simply came by my room in Anaheim and simply chatted while we drank some wonderful beers .....thank you both sooooooo much

anyways some pics

Before everything....

after the 10k....

a shrunken zombie head in between...

19 miles later

BLING!
Are you 8 feet tall or does it just look that way?