Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

I'm not gonna take USA, as it's a live album, and 21st Century Schizoid Man would then be represented twice. It just seems a bit unfair to me.

Sgt Peppers is now where Revolver was. Also, I took The Kinks off of the Psych Rock list, as they can fit into Blues or Folk Rock as well. The only question I have is whether The US of A is more experimental than psychedelic. In my eyes, A Wizard, A True Star would pretty much only fit into psych rock, which is why I think it should be put there.
For now, I'm putting A Wizard, A True Star in the 10. slot, but let me know what you guys think of that.

@Suicide I also don't know them well enough. I think Suicide is definitely No Wave, but just one of the first ones. Mars was recording around '77 as well. Unfortunately, there probably just isn't enough space for them on the list. Keep them in mind for the Wild Card list.

EDIT- Another change, I took all of Batty's crust punk picks, and turned them into hardcore punk. Hardcore punk will now include crust punk, anarcho-punk, and d-beat. Anybody who has any suggestions and things to remove ought to let me know about it now.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.

Last edited by TechnicLePanther; 09-23-2015 at 01:49 PM.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote