Music Banter - View Single Post - Male Gender Roles and How They Specifically Affect Men
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #90 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i agree obviously that we don't have the same lifestyle as our ancestors... but the thing is when people speak about gender roles as if they are something that "society" manufactured, that's simply false imo.

it is readily apparent that humans are a species which is sexually dimorphic... i.e. different traits and characteristics have been selected for in males by females and vice versa.

so the masculinity and femininity you speak of are basically a reflection of our biology and more specifically the survival strategy that we adopted for most of our existence.

you are right to say that we need not follow the roles that evolution has ordained for us, as thinking beings we have that right. but in terms of explaining where these traits come from, or in other words... why is manly **** considered manly? there the answer is spelled out for you in our past.
That seems like a valid explanation. And I'm glad we agree that it's time to move past the mentality it's created.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote