Music Banter - View Single Post - A 29-year old woman has chosen to end her life
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I definitely agree on The Sopranos ending. They built White up as an anti-hero to the point where he becomes the villain, it would have been nice to frame him as an anti-hero in the end as they did throughout the show (even though a more discerning viewer could tell he's the villain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
What would have been a better ending in your opinion? I can agree it seemed rushed, but I feel like it captured the idea that when youre in that deep it never ends well. Should Jesse have died too?
I would have liked it if it ended with Walter walking into the sunset, disillusioned and in denial about what he's become. After the lens flare overcomes his silhouette, the camera pans down to see the weeds waving in the wind as the colour composition slowly transitions to black and white and stays on the weeds for ten minutes before the credits pop up.

I have no idea how they could make it better tbh, I'm not a screenwriter. I didn't think it was bad, I'd probably rate it a 6/10 as far as endings go, but given that a good deal of the show was more of a 9 or 10/10, it feels more like a 2/10 every time I watch it. I know that the writers can convey the concept that you mention through more interesting means.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote