Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #2641 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I live in Denmark and things are generally quiet around here. Until recently, that is.

All the fugitives from Syria really changed this country almost overnight.
Now everybody is at eachothers throats about the whole thing.

I just read this news story today (quick summation in english):

Basically, the mayor of a small town got reported to the police for upvoting a threatning facebook message. The facebook message was a barely veiled threat by a bunch of nationalist right wing peasant types, against the good people who have been helping fugitives with clothing, food, shelter, whatever in the province. I think they even put the faces of those kind people up for all to see along with a message along the lines of "You people are committing crimes against the Danish homeland. We know who you are..." Hard to see it as anything else than a threat, really.

In the US I could imagine such a story being basically nothing, but in this little corner of the world it is pretty depressing to see these kinds of attitudes flourish. It just goes to show that civilization is paper thin, when all comes to all. I thought I knew my country, but it is pretty obvious that the kind of thing that allowed Nazi Germany to happen lies right beneath the surface in any nation.

NOTE: Sorry to be a bummer. Just needed to get it off my chest.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote