Music Banter - View Single Post - What has the world come to?!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Why don't you tell me why Rap sucks, and I'll tell you why Classic Rock sucks.
The reason I think Rap sucks is becuase it is mostly the same subjects in every song, there is rarely a song that has real meaningful lyrics, mostly just random lines that rhyme with each other discussing A) rims/cars B)bitches/hoes, C) drugs. Rappers seem to especially nowadays all copy each other to make more $$$. Modern rap is backed up by drum machines, synthesizers, and computer made sounds. Since the beginning of music it has been played by instruments and took talent to play them, except for the rare exception of acapella. Rap is the only genre that does not follow that. Rap is too much about Image to me and makin sure your listening to it not becuase it sounds good, but makes you cool. Rappers also have a large vocabulary of made up words, as if the English language is not good enough for them, they have words like bling, g, crunk, illest, flossin, and tons others, just read my post in another thread on rap vocabulary. Rap is also responsible for a lot of violence and death in society, not only the rappers themselves but others that look up to them and gangs and such. Its all part of a lifestyle, one that is not healthy for our society. Sure the music I like went hand in hand with drug use, but how does toking up and listening to ramble on compare to imitating what eminem sings about killing his mother and pissing on her grave, that was unheard of in the days of classic rock. Go on about how classic rock sucks now please.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote