Music Banter - View Single Post - What has the world come to?!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #63 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
The reason I think Rap sucks is becuase it is mostly the same subjects in every song, there is rarely a song that has real meaningful lyrics, mostly just random lines that rhyme with each other discussing A) rims/cars B)bitches/hoes, C) drugs. Rappers seem to especially nowadays all copy each other to make more $$$.
Wow is that wrong. Sure, a few mainstream "gangsta" rappers sing about that type of shit, but if I judged rock by a few bands on the radio I could say that all Rock was either really whiny or really angry, and that wouldn't be correct would it?

Quote:
Modern rap is backed up by drum machines, synthesizers, and computer made sounds. Since the beginning of music it has been played by instruments and took talent to play them, except for the rare exception of acapella. Rap is the only genre that does not follow that.
I don't know which statement is dumber, this one or the one before it. What about Electronic music? Are you saying that because they don't play instruments, Electronic artists aren't talented? Because that'd be really fucking stupid. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something that stupid from you. You really don't know shit about music other than Classic Rock, do you?

Quote:
Rap is too much about Image to me and makin sure your listening to it not becuase it sounds good, but makes you cool. Rappers also have a large vocabulary of made up words, as if the English language is not good enough for them, they have words like bling, g, crunk, illest, flossin, and tons others, just read my post in another thread on rap vocabulary. Rap is also responsible for a lot of violence and death in society, not only the rappers themselves but others that look up to them and gangs and such. Its all part of a lifestyle, one that is not healthy for our society.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha.

That's all I have to say about that.

Quote:
Sure the music I like went hand in hand with drug use, but how does toking up and listening to ramble on compare to imitating what eminem sings about killing his mother and pissing on her grave, that was unheard of in the days of classic rock.
Are you saying drugs don't have negative side effects? That in the history of drugs, nothing bad has ever happened? And if a kid hears Eminem sing about killing his mother, and the kid goes out and does that, it's their own fault for being such a fucking dumbass.

Quote:
Go on about how classic rock sucks now please.
No. I'll tell you why Classic Rock sucks when you give an intelligent, reasonable argument against rap.

Try again.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote