Music Banter - View Single Post - What Will Be Remembered From This Decade? (2010's btw)
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner437x3y0 View Post
edward snowden, nsa surveillance

people willing to buy yearly iphones that go up in price
Fantastic examples.

I'm still waiting for the majority of culture to come to understand the madness of late capitalism, planned obsolescence, and the engineering of consent with regard to consumer culture (both its history and its social and environmental cost). I'm hopeful that the movement rejecting blind-consumer culture will gain enough momentum to begin to curb the perpetual societal dissatisfaction and horrific global impact we experience today.

By 2015, Android commanded over 50% of the mobile market, surpassing Apple's previous market dominance, offering greater variety, compatibility, affordability, and a larger selection of apps. Apple retains a dedicated audience via its core strengths - a simple and easy-to-use uniform interface across all its devices, a sleek, minimalist design, and, for better or worse, the most effective marketing of any company in the modern age. Still, I'm hopeful that increasingly educated consumers will continue to opt for the greater freedom found outside of Apple's gated community.

Similarly, there has been tremendous growth in the culture of open source technologies certainly deserving of mention. The 2010s saw the rise of an important subculture of both creators and consumers embracing the collective sharing of their content for the betterment of culture as a whole.

Copyright licensing is still embarrassingly archaic in 2015, stubbornly clinging to an irrelevant 20th century business model long-since abandoned by the planet's consumers. In the 2010s, piracy grew from an underground shadowy counterculture to the standard means of media consumption by an entire generation. In the last 5 years there have been intriguing developments in streaming services for both audio and video, but until the Big 6 relinquish their stranglehold on 90% of the world's media, licensing will be a monstrous entanglement of red tape impeding the potential of streaming services. (The Beatles joined the ranks of the streaming market just two days ago.) Still, despite these problems, streaming has offered a level of convenience and accessibility sufficient enough to begin to reduce the practice of piracy in modern culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote