Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you feel that Boston is overrated?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I'm sorry, but a song stays the same all of the time. No sound of it breaks down like an old piece of furniture. It's the person listening who's breaking it down. In all honesty, not only is it the person's fault for getting annoyed by it, it's other people's fault for playing it too often. The song remains the same.
A jack in the box does the same thing over and over again, the same thing happens all the time. I expect the very first time a child sees it he or she will act surprised. And it might be entertaining for a while, but at some point the child will loose interest. So you are going to fault the child and the parent for loosing interest? Rather than saying well that's just human nature. Once a person knows what to expect, and the mystery is gone, it doesn't have the same affect. Or do you expect the same reaction regardless how many times it done?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote