Music Banter - View Single Post - The Future of Prog looking forward, Grim?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
Tributary Records
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I listen to "Endless" by Art Rock Circus, I didn't mind it, some of it is reminiscent of KC. So does the artist Teddy Fisher often collaborate with Tributary Records? You should have him design Prog-themed shirts - concert style, with medium sleeve length. I heard that's how G&R made their money, off of concert shirts. To quote Space Balls by Mel Brooks "Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising."
We have worked with Teddy and will continue to do so. It's a positive collaboration. He doesn't sell his art. His reason is to keep the entire collection together so that it can be properly shown, archived etc moving into the future. It's an incredible collection. Over 100 works I believe. Some of these paintings take 6 to 8 months to complete.

He came to one of our events and was genuinely impressed and wanted to work with us. We liked his stuff of course. Some of his pieces have been presented with moving light effects and give it a motion movement feel and we have performed live music at events to that.

There has also been a collaboration of him live painting in one of our studios along with the creation of music being composed, performed, and recorded in real time while both he and musicians are working. It's quite interesting actually.
Tributary Records is offline   Reply With Quote