Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #543 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Yes, that Ruth Moody is quite a beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Doubt many others will enjoy these but I've a thing for cheesy Bollywood songs. If you catch a taxi, bus or rickshaw in India, chances are Bollywood songs are blaring out the speakers which are usually busted and rattly and have hardly any bass but way too much treble, and yet somehow they still sound good. haha.
^ Off and on I've been curious about Bollywood, especially after learning that a Bollywood singer holds the title for Most Records Ever Sold, outdoing Elvis and Michael Jackson. I've never really enjoyed the music though. In your post for instance, I liked your description of Indian vehicles more than the actual songs - I'm sure in the circumstances you describe, the music sounded great.

Talking of dentistry and the rough end of folk made me think of poor old Shane MacGowan; the Pogues were really popular for a while, but are hardly ever mentioned here:-