Music Banter - View Single Post - Old Music Outsells New Music in the U.S.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I'm old and haven't purchased an actual physical form of music for many, many years. Everything is bought streaming through Amazon or iTunes. now.

How do they even track sales these days????
I refuse to call any album "physical" that was released in CD or vinyl LP format — unless of course the album is "Physical Graffiti." I scour YouTube for the sole purpose of finding albums to buy. Unfortunately some of the albums I come across by indie bands are only limited releases. And some albums that are from the 70s I find on YouTube have become collectible and fetch beaucoup bucks. I'm using Spotify more recently, finding it has whole albums that are not found on YouTube. However there are a few bands I can't find on Spotify.

I don't buy as much as I use to buy. I never completed my Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis and Led Zeppelin catalogues. At one time that was important to me but not so much anymore. Last bought was "In Through the Out Door." It was packaged in a brown paper bag like the original release. That little extra wrapping was enough to seal the deal for me. I also have a special release of Led Zeppelin III with that thing that spins, and a Stones' Sticky Fingers CD with a miniature zipper.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote