Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #3734 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivingbz View Post
I'm new here and I'm quite embarassed writing this, but I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to music. And I just realized it. All my friends just listen to One Direction, Drake or Beyoncé, so I'm really desperate here. This community seems cool so I hope you all don't bully me for being so basic and boring. Anyways, I need your help for finding good music. I used to listen to The Fray, The Script, Ed Sheeran... they all seem so generic and commercial now though. I got bored of them. Still, it's kind of the style I wanna keep listening to. At least for now.

Can anybody give me a few recommendations?
You gotta give more info than that. If you want indie/alternative then we can give you that. You want jazz, metal, punk, Japanese noise music, we can do that. But we need more to go on, cause music is older than dirt, and we have more recs than anyone knows what to do with.

Like, if someone asked me what I'd tell them to listen to right now that I think they should listen to without any prior knowledge of what they like, this might be what I give them...

I'm just going to assume this is not what you're looking for.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote