Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #3739 (permalink)
UnfiguredPuzzle
Groupie

Hi, I'm UnfiguredPuzzle. I chose that username because I haven't figured out exactly what I like. I have to search so hard to find something I like that I usually don't have the motivation to do so, and even then, find little.

I get goosebumps from the right music. I prefer lyricless since they are usually more focused on the melody, but I like a lot of lyriced songs.

Some mainstream stuff I like are some of the energetic pieces by Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. I like Katy Perry's album "Prism". But usually mainstream has a lot of music that I consider generic or boring.

Rock/metal:
Hollywood Undead is a band who has great pieces in every album and every song is at least a little likeable for me. I would consider them a favorite of mine even though I don't agree with their views.

I like Linkin Park, but only their old albums Meteora and Hybrid Theory. Three Days Grace has some pieces I like. KoRn has "Freak on a Leash" and "Adidas" which I like. I like Disturbed's album "Sickness". I like a few tracks in Yeah Yeah Yeahs's album Blitz. I like a couple of Bullet for your Valentine songs.

Death metal:

Slipknot is energetic but seems repetitive to me. A lot of Death Metal is repetitive to me. But Finntroll, In Flames, and Kromlek have something in them, perhaps more variation. The former two seemed to have improved with age and they are two of my favorite bands.

Classical:
I like Beethoven's 9th and 4th Symphonies. Mozart and Bach had a few pieces which I liked. I haven't looked into other composers.

Techno:
I like some tracks by Daft Punk which are some of the most popular. Techno or not doesn't matter to me.

Asian:
I Iike a lot of VG and anime music that are by Japanese people. I like a song called "Kiss in the Dark" by Masami Okui. I also like the infamous "Gangnam style", but I haven't listened to his other songs. But I find it hard to find other Asian pieces that I enjoy. VG and anime music can be searched, with difficulty, but searching "Asian music" will probably show a lot of "traditional" Asian instrumental music instead of Asian rock, metal, or other category.

Less slower/quiet/different:
There are songs that are less upbeat/quick or different than what I listen to, but they elicit goosbumps. This is what confuses me the most.

I like Mr Sandman by Charlottes, In Dreams by Roy Orbison, Requiem for a Dream, Smooth by Santana, Game of Love by Santana, House of the Rising Sun, and others like these. Maybe it's because they aren't flat like other slow songs.

Thanks for reading. I wonder what my problem is with not enjoying most music. For years it felt like I consumed all of the music I enjoy and finding more that I enjoy would be like crossing a mountain for a scrap of food that won't last very long anyway.
UnfiguredPuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote