Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #3746 (permalink)
UnfiguredPuzzle
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Unpredictable music that only caters to the musicians that make it? Now we're talking.

(grindy's recs are really good too)
Legs was empty of atmosphere
Didn't like mutant standard
"None of them knew they were robots" was enjoyable from a superficial level. Exciting and complex but it was lacking in atmosphere. I pictured a cartoonish chase on a beach without any emotional significance.
Naked city is about the same. Also, way too long.
Didn't like Drive like Jehu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Alright, here are some metal recs from some bands that sound nothing like the ones you listed, and if you hate them, then it will likely be for entirely different reasons than you hate Slipknot...
I didn't say I hate slipknot, or even dislike it. I said slipknot can be a little repetitive. That being said, I like slipknot songs better than the songs you posted in both. The last ones of each were a little better than the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You want unpredictable, complex music?
I'm your guy.
Not sure what you mean by "modern", so I'll post stuff from several decades. Pretty sure you haven't heard anything like it anyway.
I could go on for months, this is just some stuff off the top of my head.
Tell me whether it tickles your fancy.

Spoiler for Youtube:

That's not what I'm looking for. I didn't like any of those. I'm looking for an ordered piece, just more complex order. Maybe I shouldn't have said "unpredictable". Haha.

So, any complex but ordered music?
UnfiguredPuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote