Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #3754 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfiguredPuzzle View Post
You may be right. I've never expressed my feelings about music before, plus I haven't listened to a lot of types of music. I just don't have the attention span to listen to everything.

I like everything from happy, sad, angry, and beautiful music as long as it's strongly expressed with good depth around it. I don't like death metal from what I've experienced so far, because it seems like meaningless rage without much depth. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of what my preferences are.
I think saying that death metal is meaningless rage is kind of missing the point. The lyrics may not be personal, which might give the impression of the emotion not having any depth, but if you just look at the aggression as the band channeling primal, visceral anger, then a lack of intellectualism ceases to be relevant. You shouldn't be connecting with the artist on a personal level, because the feelings expressed are basically divorced from any specific issues from the band members, you should just be connecting with your own deep-rooted feelings of unfocused rage. An overabundance of testosterone also helps.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote