Music Banter - View Single Post - The Democratic Primaries
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #174 (permalink)
Xurtio
Brain Licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Despite what the polls may say, I think Trump would make short work of Sanders. If you look at how he demolished Bush and virtually every other candidate he's gone after so far, I think Sanders would end up getting decimated...I of course could be totally wrong.

Hillary is a harder target though due to her gender, Trump would have to be very careful as not to look sexist...a hard thing for him to do.

As for a Sanders presidency, I don't think it would be as bad as one might think, but inevitably I think he would raise taxes not only on the rich but the middle and working class as well.

He would probably engage in a large scale Keynesian stimulus, that could result in an economic boom, or fall flat on its face like Japan. I'm not an economist so it's hard to say.

His economic inspiration is Denmark, so you might want to look at their gdp growth rates.
I think what's hugely overshadowing any of this is the movement against establishment politics right now, on both sides of the aisle (which is why Sanders and Trump are even electable). Many people would prefer Trump to Clinton simply because he's a Washington outsider.