Music Banter - View Single Post - Internet censorship and the death of free speech.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aux-In View Post
I'm already secure in my positions. No tears for globalists.

I think this is kind of what the OP was talking about to be honest, but that's just my opinion. As conservatism has died out, liberalism has filled the social and political power vacuums. However, I think even that is kind of peaking, as these exacerbated issues have reached a point where the radical left and SJWs have turned quite fascist, and/or boy & girl who've cried wolf a little too many times. We can see this repudiation of decadal (sic) liberal philosophy (social, economic, globalization-wise) in the rise of Trump, and we can see the dissatisfaction and subsequent repudiation of the media bias with the rise of Sanders as well. In either case, there has been some conjoining ideology between the Establishment parties for some decades, and that is to what you stated as the rise of Independents who can see the forest through the trees.
I agree with your statements on many points. A rising extremism has transpired on both sides of the political coin, resulting in a growing rejection of both party politics and of the corporate state.

As I've stated in previous threads, I am intensely curious about what awaits us beyond the threshold marking the end of the 20th-century systems which defined our economic era. The twilight of late capitalism is a time of tremendous, albeit frightening opportunity. But like the industrial revolution and the more recent digital revolution, these changes threaten the power of the establishment and fundamentally change the market.

The entire media industry is upended by the vanquishing of scarcity-based economics, rapidly replaced by an ever-growing network of file sharers who've collectively organized the largest media library in the history of the world... and did it for free. And despite these tremendous achievements, the industry still reports record sales figures year after year. It's time for a complete overhaul to the antiquated system of copyright economics.

Similarly, the internet is affording citizens a far greater transparency of the actions of those in power and eliminates their former dependency on mass media as a news source, thus weakening their control over our lives.

And as technology continues to eliminate the need for labor, it is likely that a larger and larger percentage of the workforce will be eliminated in the near future. At the onset of the industrial revolution, the exponential increase in efficiency presented manufacturers with two potential courses of action - they could significantly reduce national labor hours ushering in a leisure economy where the public could invest themselves into developing the arts, sciences, and technology and to promote humanitarian efforts while maintaining a stable level of profitability for the corporations. Or they could implement a new age of social conditioning, to perpetuate a level of innate desire and dissatisfaction among the populace so that they would consume endlessly and discard perfectly functional goods in favor of the latest product to roll off the lines, driving profits higher than previously imagined. The adoption of the latter, coupled with the industry cartels’ effective institution of planned obsolescence created the unsustainable (and insatiable) consumer monster we see today.

In this second (now digital) revolution, we are presented with the same option we faced at the dawn of the last century. Machine learning, complex system automation, AI, and Big Data will irrevocably replace the majority of both the skilled and unskilled workforce in the near future with more efficient, cost-saving methods of production and service. Perhaps then, when faced with near-utopian and dystopian scenarios side by side, the society of the first world will seize the day, take action, and self-actualize the vision we first glimpsed over a century ago.

Or maybe we'll just keep buying sh*t and die miserable like we do today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote