Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #165 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Wisdom was His delight by day, playing before Him all the while. I love this image, the idea that Wisdom is playful. After all, God says, "Behold! At my right hand are pleasures forevermore." And like children, we may embrace all those pleasures, freely and innocently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
It [the bible] is highly philosophical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Everything about Christianity is philosophal, in the true since of the word. It is the love of wisdom.
I’ve been following this thread and enjoying much of what I’ve seen, but felt I needed to speak when I read Neapolitan and mordwyr’s claims that Christianity (or any religion for that matter) is in any way philosophical or indicative of one’s love of wisdom. These statements are not only demonstrably false, but do an incredible disservice to actual philosophy and to those who work tirelessly in the pursuit of human understanding.

What bizarre definition of knowledge or wisdom are you describing when you associate it with Christianity? Certainly not one of the established and accepted philosophies with regard to knowledge. Neither rationalist, nor existentialist, nor any other philosophy of understanding would align religion’s blind commitment to an ancient book, and its stubborn refusal to acknowledge the fallibility of these stories as evidenced by the incredible human understanding which we’ve gleaned in the nearly two thousand years since the time of their writing - as anything close to wisdom.

Based upon your adherance to the fantastic supernatural claims of your beloved text, I can only conclude that you also reject the fundamental principles of logic and reason as well. And with it, the scientific method which has done more to further the well-being of the human animal more than any invisible sky god ever could.

If you refuse to accept evidence-based evaluatory processes as the foundation for human understanding and instead insist upon clinging to your talking snakes, magic tricks, and penguins on a boat, then honestly what is the point of our discussion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote