Music Banter - View Single Post - Internet censorship and the death of free speech.
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 03:46 AM   #272 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
We should tax churches and religious places just like any other business because that in itself is an establishing a preference for religion in general in our country.

Hate speech with a valid threat violates someone else's right to safety, does it not? That's where the line gets drawn and it rarely happens on a governmental level, and it also puts the burden of proof on the government.

Freedom of the press is only censored by the government if there are secrets in them, and even then there's not much they can do about it. There is a lot of censorship within the press itself for myriad reasons that change from one source to another.
Hate speech is unconstitutional bro. ( I meant to answer you days ago brother.) The very idea that you can be locked up for your words, and thoughts is a very slippery slope it gets into thought crime territory. Last time I checked words only hurt feelings. And as long as what you are saying isn't killing, jailing, or taxing someone it's perfectly legal. It doesn't mean you aren't free to walk away from someone spewing the ****. But it's perfectly legal for people say what they want to whomever they want, and the government can't step in, in any way.

Brother they censor the press that's laughable they direct the press on what to say. Because the media is part of the long arm of big brother. It's part of their propaganda machine. So when they kidnapped 9 members of the press during the 08 elections on a plane no less that's censorship. No sir that's shanghaied.

This is the only one I sorta agree with you on. Taxation of income is theft. The IRS, needs to be audited them damn selves. However I agree yes churches should be taxed on certain things. Land tax, and various city taxes. However, taxation on tithes, or donations from the congregation is unthinkable. It should be up to the church community to audit the pastors, of the church, because there is indeed separation between church and state. and the government has no say in that under the first amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote