Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 AM   #413 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
People can be and often are corrupt, but the Magisterium (the moral teaching authority of the Church) is infallible. It is directed by the Holy Spirit. Even the worst of popes, and oh lordy we've had some doozies, have never preached noxious error. Jesus promised the Church would not fail, and keeping these individual idiots, heretics, and flat-out evil men from making moral pronouncements that would be detrimental to the Church's doctrines and dogmas as a whole is part of that protection. This is what we believe.
I know what the magisterium is, thanks. That's why I specified that it's garbage while the Catholic Church itself is one of humanity's most corrupt organizations. It's always astonishing to me that anyone would defend it, but obviously a lot of people have and do, that's how it perpetuates itself. I do find it kind of hilarious when the indoctrinated try to "educate" me about the biggest and most powerful denomination of the biggest and most powerful religion on earth as if I've never heard if it though. So by all means continue.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote