Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #613 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Cool it with the personal attacks, please.
^ Yes, thanks, grindy. I think this thread has been under-modded for too long. In addition to personal attacks, the topic seems to be inspiring people to use gratuitously offensive language:-

Spoiler for examples of unnecessary rudeness:
post #55:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
FUCK THIS THREAD
o
post#332:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I WILL SKULL FUCK YOU IN THE ASS, BITCH!!!

There's been quite a lot of to and fro in this thread about "you are brainwashed" and "you haven't seen the light", but isn't it a philosophical premise that if we suggest that our opponent is blind or deluded, we should conceed that a similar blindness or delusion could be hampering our own vision? Rather than talking about absolute certainties, it may be more accurate to talk about personal convictions. Maybe "nothing is real... and nothing to get hung up about."
Anyway, if that is too existential to put into practice, it is at least a reason to speak respectfully to each other, and Neapolitan's quote is another:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
P.S. I leave you with this quote:
“Be kind to people and don’t judge, for you do not know what demons they carry and what battles they are fighting.”
― Vashti Quiroz-Vega
My personal conviction is pretty much in agreement with Chula's take on Christianity, and I thought his brief history of a specific sex scandal in the US was particularly damning, but on the other hand, I don't see the need to bait mordwyr so aggressively. In fact I have considered, in order to balance out these religious threads, opening one for atheism. That way we atheists could revel in the joys of not being shackled to a faith, and we could leave mordwyr in relative peace. Would there be any takers for such a thread, I wonder?